I am attorney Francie Novar. I have been practicing law since 2004 and I have dedicated my career to helping people – both inside and outside of the legal process. I worked as a teacher and administrator in the public schools for ten years prior to going to law school and thus I am able to draw from a variety of life experiences in order to better advise and assist you with your legal issues.
My law practice focuses primarily on family law and probate court work. In family law, my preference is for the parties to settle their disputes (usually through mediation) to avoid acrimonious and expensive hearings and trials. However, sometimes a settlement is not possible and when you need an aggressive litigator, I will be there for you. I will provide you with top, legal representation at a reasonable rate.
In the probate court, I handle matters involving guardianships, conservatorships, mental health and small estates. Not only have I helped my clients obtain guardianship over a loved one who is unable to make informed decisions, I have been appointed to act as a guardian and conservator for an individual who was unable to make informed decisions. As a guardian for your loved one, I will work hard to ensure the protected individual has the very best care possible.
One of the hallmarks of my legal practice is keeping every client fully involved in the legal process. I will advise you of all important developments in your case and your options at each step. In this way you can make educated decisions about your case.
In matters of litigation, I offer aggressive, honest legal representation to clients in and around Washtenaw, Jackson, Livingston and Wayne Counties. On the other hand, when I act as a guardian or conservator for a person who needs assistance, you will find that I am compassionate, caring and vigilant.
- Wayne State University, 2003 JD
- Central Michigan University, 1987, MA
- University of Michigan-Flint, 1986, BA (Teacher’s Certificate, Administrator's Certificate)
- State Bar of Michigan, 2003
- State of New York, Third Judicial Department (2018)
- Untied States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Professional Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan (2003 – present)
- Washtenaw County Bar Association 2004 – present)
- Past Chairperson of the Juvenile Law Section, Washtenaw County Bar Association
- 2021 Pro Bono Honor Roll Tier 1 (100+ hours of service) – State Bar of Michigan recognition
- Volunteer, Washtenaw County Bar Association Law Day events
- Volunteer attorney for Family Law Project with Legal Services of South Central Michigan
- Past Volunteer, Neighbor Senior Services